National Auto Body Council® Announces Second Annual NABC® Rides for a Reason Virtual Car Show Presented by United Recyclers Group as Fundraising Program for the NABC Mission
Virtual Car Show to Run August 23 to October 22, 2021
The National Auto Body Council® announced today the Second Annual NABC® Rides for a Reason Virtual Car Show Presented by United Recyclers Group, LLC (URG), an association of auto recyclers with over 675 locations across the U.S. and Canada. The show is an innovative fundraising event that will allow car lovers across America to join NABC® members, their company employees and auto enthusiasts to put their passion and pride on display.
The USA’s most spectacular virtual car show will once again feature top cars, truck and motorcycles from NABC® members, virtual car clubs, featured car corral, automotive stars and celebrity judges. Proceeds support the National Auto Body Council® mission of Changing and Saving Lives through initiatives like the NABC Recycled Rides® program, NABC First Responder Emergency Extrication (F.R.E.E.™) program and NABC® Drive Out Distraction program.
See the winners of the inaugural NABC Rides for a Reason Virtual Car Show here.
The NABC® Rides for a Reason Virtual Car Show Presented by URG will include something for every car lover:
- Enter your Ride for a $25 donation to showcase your passion and pride – and compete to take home top honors
- Tour the Car Corral to see all the spectacular entries
- Check out the online auction of unique items and experiences
- Visit the NABC® Garage for tips and advice from NABC members to help you maintain, restore and perfect your vehicle!
- See who our celebrity judges will pick as their winning entries and who will win the NABC® Rides for a Reason Best in Show Award
“We are excited to bring people together again – in a virtual forum – to celebrate our collective love of the automobile,” said Clint Marlow, chairman of the board of the National Auto Body Council® and director of claims for Allstate. “So many of our members who work in the collision repair industry are passionate about cars. This is a chance to show off our weekend projects, our dream cars and favorite cars. And, once again, we’re looking forward to seeing all of great vehicles from auto enthusiasts around the country.”
The categories of competition will be judged by some of the top names in vehicle design, restoration, preservation and performance, including:
- Best of Show
- Antiques/Vintage, judged by Jeff Hammond, Championship NASCAR Crew Chief and host for NASCAR on Fox, Sirius and Performance Racing Network
- Hot Rods, Rat Rods and Customs, judged by the Ringbrothers with Mike and Jim Ring
- Classics: Best of the 50s, 60s and 70s, judged by Ray Evernham, Axalta Global Ambassador and NASCAR Hall of Fame Team Owner
- Old School Muscle Cars: 60s and 70s, judged by the Bill Elliott, NASCAR Hall of Fame member
- Modern Muscle: 1980s to Today, judged by Lauren Fix, automotive expert and founder of the Car Coach
- Trucks, judged by Mark Oja, founder of California Speed and Custom
- Motorcycles, judged by Kyle Morley, owner and operator of XecutionStyle Kustom Paint
- Wild Card
- Best Paint
Sponsors of the NABC® Rides for a Reason Virtual Car Show include URG, All Star Auto Lights, CARSTAR, Akzo Nobel, Axalta, Allstate, FindPigtails.com, Goodyear Brakes and Berkshire Hathaway Automotive.
To learn more about participating in the NABC® Rides for a Reason Virtual Car Show Presented by URG, visit https://nationalautobodycouncil.org/2021ridesforareason/ or contact NABCadmin@nationalautobodycouncil.org.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL AUTO BODY COUNCIL®
The National Auto Body Council®, which celebrated its’ 25th anniversary in 2020, is the premier organization of collision industry partners dedicated to strategic networking opportunities that positively change lives in the communities we serve. The collaborative membership of the National Auto Body Council® has gifted more than 2,750 vehicles, provided extrication opportunities for more than 4,300 First Responders and contributed to thousands of distracted driving pledges in communities through NABC Recycled Rides®, NABC First Responder Emergency Extrication (F.R.E.E.™) and the NABC Distracted Driving Initiative™. That effort equates to a 4:1 ROI in dollar value delivered from NABC® membership dollars. The National Auto Body Council® is changing the paradigm of how the collision industry works and is viewed. For more information, visit www.NationalautoBodyCouncil.org.